A gummy smile is defined as the appearance of upper teeth is overshadowed by excessive gum tissue and is a common condition that is experienced by men and women.
Many people tend to feel embarrassed, which leads them to either hide their mouths or smile in a really tight, unnatural manner. This should never have to be the case because everyone deserves to relax and enjoy smiling.
Treating gummy smiles
Anti-wrinkle injections have become a popular solution for reducing the appearance of a gummy smile by relaxing the muscles in the upper lip. This leads to the top lip staying lower when a person smiles, helping create a toothier smile instead of a gummy one.
This cosmetic treatment is being used by both dentists and cosmetic dermatologists alike and can be administered rather quickly, with results lasting months. Anti-wrinkle injections have the ability to lessen the visibility of gums when someone smiles without them having to undergo any major procedures.
In the past, the only other treatment for a gummy smile was expensive mouth surgery called gingivectomy. During this procedure, a surgeon would sever the muscles that allowed the upper lip to raise that high. In some cases, the jaw would even be repositioned over several years.
Ideally, the average person only has about 2mm of gum showing. Anyone who has 3mm or more gun showing has a gummy smile.
The anti-wrinkle injection procedure
Everyone deserves to feel good about their smile, even if the only time they ever see their smiles is in photos and videos.
With photos, videos and social media being such an integral part of our society, many people are now seeking treatment for their gummy smiles in order to regain their confidence.
Anti-wrinkle injections will help relax the muscle of the lip in order to reduce its full function and give you that ideal 2mm gum line.
This is what you can expect when you receive cosmetic injections at epiclinic:
- At epiclinic, we use anti-wrinkle injections that are most commonly used to treat wrinkles and deep grooves in the face. However, these muscle-relaxant injections can also be used for other medical purposes.
- There’s no need to be concerned about pain during your session as the injections are mostly comfortable and are quick to administer.
- Your gummy smile treatment will only last 10 minutes and you will be able to return to work directly after your session. No downtime is necessary.
- You will start seeing results in about 2 weeks, which will last at least 3 to 4 months. Remember, anti-wrinkle injections are a temporary solution so you will need to receive repeat treatments in order to maintain your results.
- Our anti-wrinkle injections are completely safe and are administered by a qualified and experienced doctor.
- Patients will not have any side effects after receiving an anti-wrinkle injection. In some cases, there will be some slight swelling and redness but this will very quickly subside.
- Patients can still eat and speak normally after receiving treatment.